Friday, September 4, 2009

The blessings she brings into our lives are without measure!


Tonight when I came into the room, one of Mom's legs was hanging off the side of the bed and touching the floor. As we chatted, the other leg came off the bed as well, and it looked as if Mom were just getting out of bed and would stand up any minute! That will be a sweet moment when it finally happens!

We two girls had a sweet visit together. At first she seemed a bit discouraged, but as we talked further, her faith was strong and she was Mom again. I reminded her that she had come so very far in the past month, and even in the past week. We talked about Lynn and how bravely she endured her trials, and we both marveled at the memories. I told Mom that I was sure Lynn was close at hand and watching over her when we couldn't be there. Mom responded with, "I don't know how it works, or anything about it, but the blessings she brings into our lives are without measure." Well said, dear Mother, well said! Has it really been nine years since we were all together?

I brought Mom up to speed on all the many things my children and grandchildren are doing, and she gave me Motherly advice as she always has. She admonished me to have faith and bore testimony that Heavenly Father would shower blessings down upon us. It was so tender to hear her speak as only my mother can speak. How I have missed that these past few weeks!

Although we have so far to go, we are on the way! Together we can do this!

p.s. Check out the birthday pictures on yesterday's post, as well as the picture on Wednesday's post of the Young Women singing. (The fact that I am able to do this is proof that you CAN teach an old dog new tricks . . . if you're patient enough!)

1 comment:

  1. well done, diane! now if I can figure out how to get a pic in the followers album! what a tender, tender blog entry. only the two of you could have that conversation of hope and faith and love. you give us all courage.

    ReplyDelete