Saturday, September 12, 2009

Lead me, guide me, WALK beside me!


Unbelievable news! Mom WALKED today, three times!!! We are in awe of this major miracle, which was beyond any of our wildest dreams. As you recall, yesterday Mom "walked" down the hall in a harness suspended from the ceiling. Last night I thought to myself, "Maybe one day Mom will be able to walk with a walker." Then this morning about 10 a.m. I got a call from Jim Jr., saying that Mom had done just that! One of the therapists decided to give Mom a try on the walker and, miracle of miracles, she did it! She was able to support herself and walk all the way down the hall. No one ever thought she would be to walk on her own for a long, long time. After all, it was only 3 days ago that mom even moved her knees for the therapist for the first time. We humbly acknowledge Heavenly Father's divine influence, and His direct hand in granting this miracle.

3 comments:

  1. Truly a miracle. Great pic. It helps us to know how she is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grammie! You look so good! Way to go. We're coming to see you and I hope to see you in action! Nice pic & post, mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Grammie! Way to go!
    Love ya,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete