Friday, August 7, 2009

Big Piney, Wyoming

Well. . . today Mom told us she was in Big Piney, Wyoming(!) and when they moved her legs, she told them that her Mother would not be happy if they did that again!  (Her Mother really was from Big Piney, so she was accurate on that count.)  (But it was rather random!)

They told us it is normal to take 2 steps forward and 1 step backward, and we think today was just that.  She has been more quiet than yesterday, although earlier today she did tell Jim Jr. or Dad, "You know, Jim, I think I need to figure out what I'm going to do."  Not bad . . .  a remarkably coherent 15-word sentence!

So, we continue to make small, measured steps.  Hang in there, Mom!

2 comments:

  1. I have to laugh at Big Piney, WY. Nothing is there, except terrible weather! I think Pauline is very protective of her legs! She doesn't want them to hurt! What our subconscious tells us! I love to look at the pic at the top of this blog. It is Pauline. Thanks for these updates when we can't be there personally. We love you all. Dick and Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pauline,

    I just got done with Young Women Camp & am in Bear Lake with friends. But when I get back home, Bear and I will visit you again. So glad to hear you woke up! We've been waiting, hoping & praying for this. We miss you and will continue to pray for a speedy recovery, for your comfort, as well as peace and joyful moments for you and your family. The young women of our ward send their well-wishes and love. We were thinking of you and praying for you this week. Can't wait to see you again. Don't worry about your garden and flower beds, Rachelle has been taking care of them this week. She and I will continue to make sure that everything stays pretty, awaiting your return. You are such a wonderful neighbor and I want you to know that we feel so blessed to live next to you and Jim. See you soon. Sending love and good thoughts your way.

    Angie Terburg

    ReplyDelete