Tuesday, August 4, 2009

May I have this dance?

Although she was sleepy this afternoon and evening, she spoke to several visitors. She said, "Hello, Lorraine," to her sister and called her granddaughter "Ariane Love" just like she always does. When her granddaughter Dani asked Grammie how her day was, she replied, "Fine . . . I think." So there was quite a bit of conversation taking place today.

The occupational therapists sat her up on the edge of the bed twice today, for about 10 minutes each time. They tried to stand her up this afternoon, but she was just too tired, despite the fact that Dad promised to dance with her if she stood up. She must have been pretty exhausted to pass that up, since she's wanted to dance with Dad for 57 years! Maybe tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Pauline, I'm so excited to hear of your daily improvements! I'm sure it is so much better with the tube out from down your throat. That is so uncomfortable. I imagine your throat may still be a little uncomfortable from it. I hope you continue to improve each day. I'm glad there are so many of your family with you. I am having a great time with my reunions and visiting with family. I've seen a lot of people I hadn't seen for many, many years--both at the reunion and Church, so it has been a good trip. I'm thinking and praying for your continued recovery. Love & hugs, Linda Rehart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Grammie! Go! We are rootin' for you!

    ReplyDelete